The importance of winter skin care should not be forgotten, as the skin is more prone to problems in the colder months. Taking care of the skin properly in winter means that the skin does not have to suffer. At Nakin, we’re passionate about natural skin care all year round, and that includes winter.
We have the natural anti-aging skin care products that really help keep the skin of the face and neck looking great all year round, including winter. We also have plenty of tips we can share to keep your face and body skin hydrated and healthy in the cold winter months.
One of the problems our skin faces in winter is that the cold reduces blood flow to our skin, so it doesn’t get as nourished as in the warmer months. The air is also drier, which causes the skin to dry out, making it susceptible to dehydration and even diseases such as eczema and psoriasis. However, there is a lot that can be done to help the skin look and feel comfortable. Our winter skin care tips include the following.
- Use moisturizing cleansers to clean the skin, and use foaming cleansers in moderation. This is because detergent-based products deplete the natural fats and oils that moisturize the cells in the layers of the skin. Excessive or too harsh cleansing of the face and body can damage the skin’s protective barrier, leaving it dry and irritated.
- Keep leather out of water for extended periods. When the skin is in water for extended periods it can deplete its natural oils. Our skin needs oil on the surface to prevent moisture evaporation. So, be sure to wear gloves when washing dishes and not stay in the shower and shower for too long, as well as keep the water from getting too hot.
- Apply a natural moisturizer liberally to the face and body as this will add moisture to the skin and protect it. Also, applying a moisturizer to the skin in a moving way creates a layer of oil that prevents moisture from evaporating. Good humidifiers like Nakken have built-in protection to prevent moisture loss; This is because we use ingredients like jojoba oil which is a liquid wax for amazing protection for invisible skin.
- Prevent indoor environments from overheating. This is because heat absorbs moisture from the air which turns it into drier skin.
- Be gentle on the skin and evaluate how much exfoliation you will do. It’s also a good idea to stay away from harsh anti-aging ingredients like retinol and synthetic vitamin C.
- One thing you should still use though is sunscreen because although UVB rays are not very intense, UVA rays are strong especially at higher elevations.
Naken products are suitable for the skin all year round including winter. We have a full line of amazing anti-aging facial products, and their luxurious formulas are great for the skin, even in the coldest months. Cleansing and treating the skin is important in the winter, but one product that is a skincare hero in the colder months is a moisturizing face cream. In addition to adding moisture to dry, dehydrated skin, it also protects the skin from harmful cold weather.
There are two face creams in the Nakin range that are divided according to skin type. Matt Formula Cream is a beautiful face cream for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. For drier skin types, this effective dew face cream is more hydrating. Both are non-greasy and long lasting, plus use day and night.
At Nakin, we use natural extracts and ingredients, as well as a minimal amount of natural fragrance, so all of our Nakin products are soothing and suitable for even sensitive skin. We include a lot of plant-based, anti-aging actives in the products, but they are gentle on the skin, so our formulas don’t contain strong ingredients like retinol and synthetic vitamin C. Our full range of natural anti-aging skin care can be found here.